Saturday, April 20, 2024

Friday Flash(back) - What is it?

So after a long early 2024 break, I decided to launch into a new blog series. One looking at acts that have been releasing music for years, that finally decide to give us new music. Or if there is a new music drought, nostalgia is in. Well since the COVID years. So I will then shine the spotlight on arecord you may have forgotten or discover foe the first time?

So first up, it's a local act, Jebediah. Can I just say, my first EVER concert was Prince. My first all ages local gig was, Jebediah, Bodyjar and Red Jezebel. It was a great gig at Sutherland Entertainment Centre. I even tried my first (and last) cigarette that day. Yes it was a daytime gig, a triple bill, with great music from three excellent local bands.

Jebediah and Bodyjar went on to be regular fixtures, while Red Jezebel came later with a radio hit, Kicking Deadly Sins.

So to Jebediah and the origins of their album Oiks. Last September, Jebediah released Gum Up the Bearings, their first new single in over a decade.

Following a national tour in support of Gum Up the Bearings, the band announced their sixth studio album OIKS. 

Released on 12 April 2024 via Cooking Vinyl Australia, it is great seeing/hearing Jebediah on the radio again. They were Double J's feature record all this week too.

So each Friday, come back hear some new music from a band that might not still be on your radar. Like the other day Vampire Weekend released a new album. I hadn't heard from them in years. They were also one of the best live acts I have ever seen at Sydney's Metro Theatre.

So here is a look back/look at Jebediah, then and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment