Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Party Starter Album of the Year Nomination #1 - Disclosure - Settle


So announced back on Monday June 24th, 2013 a BIG debut went in for the race of the Album of the Year for 2013. Disclosure's "Settle" was a damn fine debut and according to other ace music Blog's, it was the Album of the Year. Recently they just released the sixth single from the album, a killer cut "Voices", check out the ace video below:


There album "Settle" has already made an impact on my 201 songs of 2013, they came in at number 157 with some help from London Grammar for the chilled tune "Help Me Lose My Mind" & also made impact with the Ed MacFarlane featured tune "Defeated No More" @ 191. I have a funny feeling their will be more tracks when I publish tracks 1-100. For the full list of 101-201 have a click here, go on it's a public holiday indulge yourself.



Now back to "Settle" it's my first of four big nominations I will post here until January 26th and on Australia Day I will post the biggest and best Party Starter Album of 2013. Also on the way to Australia Day I will be posting excellent achievement in Australian Music. So keep an eye on Flashing off the Record as I post more reflections on 2013 than you can poke a stick at.

So first up for excellent contribution to Australian music in 2013 it's FLUME:


I granted the album the Australian Album of 2012 and in 2013 the ARIA's were all his, the J Award was his and well he released the Deluxe Edition of this terrific album and well it made the album even better if possible. Flume is a Sydney god, he is a Super Producer and I am so proud of his achievements here and abroad.

Flume is the first in my excellent achievements in Australian Music January 2014 series, more to come before Australia Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment