Tuesday, February 4, 2014

HAIM - Laneway Festival


So my Album of the Year girls turned it up for their showing at this year's Laneway Festival. The festival is one of the rare success stories this year and late last with music festivals in this country.

Big Day Out Perth reportedly discounted door tickets over the weekend and have also announced their will be no Perth Big Day Out 2015. Homebake, Harvest, Supafest and a few smaller festivals meet their end in 2013, so where will music festivals be at the end of 2014? Time will tell, but Laneway seems to have all the right ingredients. Good capacity, good venue and most importantly great line up.

So back to Haim, these girls really have had a wonderful career (so far) with an epic album and live shows galore these girls are really killing it.

So there set commenced with my personal two favourite tracks, "Falling" & "If I Could Change My Mind", then they popped out a cover of "Oh Well" by Fleetwood Mac. A lot of reviewers and music folk have compared their sound to Fleetwood Mac and claiming the girls lack originality. I beg to differ, these girls put it down.

The 9 track set continued like a best of (which is scary as they only have one release) including hits "Don't Save Me", "Forever" & the big crowd favourite "The Wire". My only thing would be "The Wire" would have been a perfect finish but they went on to finish with "Let me Go".

2014 should be a HUGE year for Haim, and I have a funny feeling the girls will be back here soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment