Thursday, November 6, 2014

Third Triple J House Party Host Releases a Single


Is it any good? Take a listen below.



I'm not going to comment as I am a massive fan of Triple J's Saturday night (and let's face it afternoon programming too - love you Veronica + Lewis) and despite KLP being the third announcer to take the House Party role, she seems to fit in well and have a great ear for music.

I was a huge fan of this show when it started with Kirileigh Lynch all the way back in Feb 2008. I loved and at times adored Nina Las Vegas (and her name too) when she took over after a year of the show in 2009. Nina brought out a CD range and later a tour around the nation to take the show out to the streets.

I HATE Saturday night radio in general, syndicated dance music shows with lack of soul or substance does nothing for a radio listener like me and basically thank god for Triple J. I do have to say I am mostly unimpressed by Mix Up Exclusives (now hosted by Nina Las Vegas) however I am sure their key demographic like these largely generic sounding dance hits of the future.

That said the Friday Night Shuffle is also a stroke of pure genius and great Friday evening programming. The Aston Shuffle along with Peking Duk are just proving Canberra folk can make a killer dance tune and more importably Vance & Mikah have brilliant ears for the hottest dance music and they are not afraid to play acts like Usher on the almighty J's. Well done boys.

OK that's a wrap for this post, more from the feature album tomorrow and a new Countdown on Sunday. PS next week's feature album also might be dance orientated.

No comments:

Post a Comment