Saturday, July 25, 2015

Splendour Saturday - Azealia Banks @ the Metro Theatre


Sydney you have a gem of a venue in the Metro Theatre. It is FUCKING rad, I have seen the likes of Spiderbait, Roisin Murphy, Veruca Salt (Louise Post era), The Superjesus and now the almighty Azealia Banks at this awesome venue.

Now a lot has been said about Ms Banks in the past and really see is FAB. I was so happy one of my favourite acts of the past few years lived up to (and exceeded) my expectations.

She whizzed though all my favourites from 1991 EP and the brilliantly titled Broke with Expensive Taste record. Desperdo, Liquorice, 1991, Ice Princess, Luxury, Yung Rapunxel, Miss Amor & of course the set closer 212.

No encore just a MASSIVE finish with 212 going nuts. I would have loved to have seen Chasing Time live but whatever. Oh well the whole set including two amazing back up dancers was FIERCE!







No comments:

Post a Comment