Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2nd Tuesday Night Gig Report: Florence & the Machine SOH Forecourt


I cannot believe months ago on a cold Winter's Tuesday night I saw Mark Ronson and now in the final weeks ahead of Summer it was time for Florence + the Machine @ Sydney's iconic Opera House forecourt.

Both artists are in line for the almighty Album of the Year for 2015 (joint Kendrick Lemar, Disclosure & The Weeknd) and now I can happily say I have seen two of my five albums live in concert.

Florence + the Machine is n act I have longed to see live and Florence Welch and her gang of musicians completely lived up to my longing.

Playing an almost greatest hits hour and a half set Florence ran through some of the biggest hits from her latest album How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful. Ship to Wreck, What kind of Man, St Jude, Queen of Peace & the title track.


Florence also threw in some supreme classics including Dog Days are Over (a monster crowd favourite), Spectrum (say my name) & the divine Shake it Off.

I was beyond impressed by Florence's performance and believe this album completely deserves a nod for one of this year's finest.

The album of the year will be announce/published here on Boxing Day 2015..

No comments:

Post a Comment