Thursday, November 30, 2017

RE: ARIA Awards 2017


So how did my predictions go when the nominations were announced back in October?

Well I got it in one with Gang of Youths taking out the album of 2017, with Go Farther in Lightness, I also predicted they would take out best group and rock album.

I got best pop release and best female artists mixed up with touring duo Amy Shark and Sia, however except a review from that gig Amy Shark, MO, Charli XCX & Sia soon.... Right here.

Paul Kelly shook my predictions taking best male artist but I was correct with best adult contemporary album.

There was no doubt Album of the Year (this Blog's) PNAU would take out the dance category, they also opened the show in sensational style, I hear I only watched the last bit of the show.

Breakthrough artist was tricky because both Amy Shark and Tash Saltana had huge years, however I went with the wrong option.

A.B. Original took out the two gongs I predicted, best urban and independent releases. A.B Original also recently won the coveted J Award for Reclaim Australia. I also feel it has the album title of the year.

I was also slightly wrong with Best Blues and Roots and Heavy Metal records, not my finest guesses, however soon I will attempt the Grammy predictions.

There will be a Fresh Friday Countdown tomorrow and a new Summer music list Sunday. Stay tuned as all the best of 2017 will continue to go under the microscope right here @ Flashing off the Record...

No comments:

Post a Comment