Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday Spotlight: N.E.R.D


I said at the start of the month it was my final Sunday Spotlight for 2017, however I have one more spotlight for you, a Saturday Spotlight, it's time for N.E.R.D


In 2001 I feel in love with a track called Lap Dance, whilst I was already loving Pharrell William's production this was all filler no killer. The album dropped In Search of.... and it was pure gold. In 2006 Chad Hugo, Shay Haley and Pharrell were back with Fly or Die. A monster smash She Wants to Move was released and the boys got remixed by Basement Jaxx.

The crew had a break and finally gave us Seeing Sounds in 2008 before Nothing in 2010 which wasn't super successful. However now N.E.R.D have released one of their best singles in years Lemon, with Rihanna of all people.

The latest album they dropped on Friday features a shag of great guests including Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna (Yass Lemon), Future, Ed Sheeran, M.I.A and even Andre 3000.

I am excited to smash out the new 11 tracks on my speakers this weekend, so let's take this Saturday to celebrate one of my favourite groups from the 00's and the 2010's, is 2010's a thing? Fuck it, let's do the music...









No comments:

Post a Comment