Thursday, December 31, 2020

Album of the year for 2020 & the winner is......

Released on Valentine's Day (how romantic) Tame Impala's fourth studio record, The Slow Rush is my album of 2020. It follows the 2015 album Currents, along with 2019 singles It Might Be Time and Borderline.

All tracks on The Slow Rush are written by the main man Kevin Parker. The album features six sensational singles. Early (very early) in 2020 my favourite cut from the album was released as a single, Lost in Yesterday. Early August the wonderful Is it True was released as the sixth single from the album.

The album has received critical acclaim, topped the charts in Australia, Scotland, Portugal and US alternative and rock album charts.

This album has meant so much to me as I leaned into music in a big way in 2020. I flogged Lost in Yesterday early in the year. Then again in August Is it True was a top played song on my Apple Music.

I lost my pet in 2020 and this album helped me remember Maverick whilst also continuing to push through 2020. I never thought Tame Impala would give us tunes we could dance to, reminisce to all in one album.

The Slow Rush really is the album of 2020. Well done Tame Impala, its been a long time coming to this very blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment