Saturday, November 19, 2022

RnB Friday's - Sydney 2022

After heading back to Giants Stadium after a long break. 2019 was the last RnB Friday's.

After walking in through the massive Sydney crowd, DRU HILL was just wrapping up a set before JAY SEAN (he is actually from England) got onstage to sing some of hits biggest hits in roughly a 15 minute medley. Yep 15 minutes. I think I only knew Down from his set.

Next up was the horny SHAGGY. With the microphone disappearing down his pants a few times, the Boombastic star played his hits Angel, It Wasn't me along with some other tracks. However everyone was just there for It Wasn't Me.

Finally food time, so I could only briefly hear JEREMIH in the background. Yep hot chips for dinner! Love a stadium's food options.

Next up was someone I personally was looking forward to, ASHANTI. With so many of her well known hits being with Ja Rule, it was a bit of a mixed bag, how Foolish went off. The crowd were loving it. Playing other tracks like Happy, Only U, Rock Wit U (Awww Baby) plus Fat Joe's track What's Love, then the Ja Rule hits and memories. Mesmerize and Always on Time. It was a sing-a-long good time. Into You was also a vibe, taking on the classic Fabulous song.

AKON got the crowd pumped! Kicking off with Locked Up, running through hits including the sing-a-long friendly Right Now (Na Na Na) then off course Sexy Bitch! This followed fellow David Guetta collab Play Hard!

AKON was really on fire. His set was really interesting with Smack That bringing some sexy back!

Bringing the vibe down a little was TLC. Right near the end of the night after a big party set from AKON, TLC slowly warmed up the crowd getting more drunk by the moment. When Unpretty kicked in, the crowd started to warm up again. Creep was fun too, but of course the big ones came last. No Scrubs and that sing-a-long Waterfalls. 

Waterfalls did completely go off. It was one of the moments of the entire festival.

Next up HAVANA BROWN did a super DJ set along with one of her own tunes. Her set really brought the vibe up to bring out headliner, MACKLEMORE. Who also did bring a special guest up on stage for their collab, Chant. Yes Tones and I appeared at RnB Friday's.

Maybe not her usual style but she slayed on Chant. A song I am not really across, however live, it was a vibe. I only stayed for the first few Macklemore songs as I was well and truly dead. I think I recorded just under 40K steps for the day!

I did however see Thrift Shop and the amazing Same Love. He was however a great performer! Also nice to see Tone and I for the first time live.

For more you can check out my MixTape from last week, or check out some highlights music videos below.

No comments:

Post a Comment