Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sunday Spotlight: Regurgitator


Welcome to 90's world! Remember the indie hey days, Recovery on ABC TV and Triple J with Jane Gazzo and Michael Tunn? Well that is when this band Regurgitator hailing from Brisbane were huge!

They played most Homebake festivals, Big Day Out and national tours for most singles and album releases. The group gave us such hits as I Will Lick Your Asshole, I've Sucked a Lot of Cock to Get Where I Am and Fat Cop.

The Gurge as they were known back in the day were huge on the live music scene and equally loved across Triple J and other community stations.

On Friday the group released their latest release HEADROXX. I took a listen on Friday at work and some of the short tunes work, but I do miss the boys work from my youth. Like their song goes I Like Your Old Stuff better than Your New Stuff. Maybe that is true with age.

However from Bangkok as I celebrate a few weeks away from Sydney, it's time to remember the brilliant hey days of the Gurge and also learn to love the new sounds of Ben, Quan and Peter. With Quan pissing off to Hong Kong whilst Ben Ely calls Melbourne home. All according to Wikipedia though....

So enjoy a bit of a Retro Sunday Spotlight, tomorrow a great new local release from a group of up starts out of Newcastle.










No comments:

Post a Comment