Sunday, January 23, 2022

Hottest Reaction to the Hottest 100 (2021)

Well the Warm Tunas guessed it again. Not only again, they had the Wiggles from the get go, December 2021 when voting opened.

I was sad to not see the brilliant Kid Laroi take out number one with Stay. I now wished I had voted for it. That my votes weren't that highly placed. Even Tones and I's massive smash, that only managed number 74. Whilst the one Doja Cat tune I selected managed number 83. Happy I choose that one as Doja Cat (my album of 2021) slayed the countdown with 5 massive entries. 7, 31, 34, 37, 83, came from Planet Her, whilst my other Album of the Year pick for 2021, Olivia Rodrigo tied with five tunes, placing 4, 13, 33, 60, 67.

To say I was disappointed in the countdown is a little bit of an understatement. I selected more rogue picks, not the most popular hits from albums, so maybe I did a little bit of a donkey vote. I was happy Flight Facilities made the Top 200, along with Sycco however no sign of Jax Jones, Kito and Ninajirachi.

With a kids group (although iconic with an older generation who grew up with them) mixed with Triple J icons Tame Impala taking out the Hottest 100, makes me wonder what on earth can top the 30th countdown next January?

Either way watch The Wiggles make history with a song about an Elephant, or catch up on the countdown below. I am actually excited for the Double J Hottest 100 of 2001 today. To be honest that was a countdown. Now I am showing my age, LOL!

Until next week, where I have my own Australian Hottest Albums countdown. It's big it's bold, it's happening Thursday - Sunday. 25 albums a day, The best Australian albums of the 80's till now! It's gonna be big! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment