Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Number 100 - Custard - Loverama (1999) - Music Special Starts tomorrow...

From tomorrow over four days I will share my favourite 100 Australian albums from the 1980's till now.  Like literally now. I think I did throw in a record from 2021 or two.

Australian music is huge right now. Kid Laroi, The Wiggles, RÜFÜS DU SOL, Spacey Jane, Gang of Youths and Tones and I all just to name a few.

Ahead of launching the list (25 albums a day from Thursday - Sunday) I am sharing album 100. Custard released Loverama back in 1999. 1999 was an amazing year for Australian indie tunes. Powderfinger, Killing Heidi, Silverchair, The Whitlams and Something for Kate were all huge back in the last year of the 90's.

It was a fabulous year for music, an even better year for Custard. Back in 2019 Double J featured the album as their Classic Album of the week. Over the next few weeks you will score features on some of the records featured in my list. So stay tuned if you love Australian music.

Loverama was the fifth studio album by Custard. Released in June 1999, peaking at number 19 on the ARIA Charts; the band's highest charting album.

Loverama was the band's final release for 16 years, until 2015's Come Back, All Is Forgiven. 

Girls Like That (Don't Go For Guys Like Us), Ringo (I feel Like...) and Hit Song all featured on the extremely fun record. Stream the classic below now.

No comments:

Post a Comment