Monday, May 6, 2013

Tame Impala


After my mini review over here I decided for my exclusively music BLOG I would do a full review on the parts I stayed for. Yes I left 8 songs, which is easy to do when the group you are seeing do all the songs you like and know them for.

They opened up with the first taste of Lonerism they gave us "Apocalypse Dreams" which was a nice way to start off the evening they moved into the older tune, "It Is Not Meant to Be". By track four they were back to their old tricks with my favourite tune from their debut "Solitude is Bliss". Then early in the set they broke into "Elephant" followed directly by "Feel Like We Only Go Backwards". Kind of the end of the night really.

There two big hits from their last album back to back, what did the rest of the night behold, well thank god for the Internet I found out easily enough what I missed.

I found this gig very professional and almost too easy for the boys and they played hit after hit, the Perth 5 piece are making all sorts of waves and soon enough they will leave our shores me thinks.

With Pond working on a new disc too these boys from WA are super busy.  It's good to see an Aussie group getting so much love here and abroad.

I think they got their venues a bit mixed up as the Hordern was a little over sized for them but good on you for trying.

Tame Impala have filled the gaps of Australian chart favourites Powderfinger and just show good song writing and the use of real musical instruments still pays off.

Tame Impala, definitely different to young Flume on Tuesday night and as you would have seen from my comments over @ my Randy Andy blog they definitely appeal to those Bondi Beach hipsters.

Tame Impala, if they keep at it, they have a strong future as one of Australia's best album bands around, 3 stoned fuzzed out stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment